Adj. 1. inquisitory - diligent and thorough in inquiry or investigation; "a probing inquiry";


Sunday, February 22, 2015

It Is Well

I got to go to Grace Fellowship's Women's Retreat this year.  More than that - they asked me to play the keyboard for the praise band.  Awesome!  But Scary Awesome!
We had an awesome time!  There was a very gifted speaker who spoke in an "off the cuff" type way that was quite refreshing.  I have nothing against speakers who have it all down pat and don't deviate from their script.  But it was neat to have a speaker who moved with the flow of the room.  She took questions and comments in the middle of her speaking and then spoke to align with the direction people took her message. It wasn't that she wasn't prepared.  She was very professional.  It was a very cool way to let the Holy Spirit direct her words though.
Ne Ne showed up.  It was hilarious how she took a diagram the speaker had drawn the night before and retold the story to somehow apply to football and Philly.

















This was my view from the stage.  Thankfully I was hidden behind the keyboard and music stand.  Some people didn't even know I was there until the 2nd day.  Which makes me wonder where they thought the keyboard sounds were coming from.... but whatever.
These ladies are amazing musicians.  Shannon is such a gifted band leader!  Carol is an amazing cello player.  And Chana can do a little of everything very well.  I'm so thankful that I got to play with them!
Apparently Chana and I are the only ones who will strike a silly pose when asked to, so we get to be the  ones that just look weird when others look normal.
I have felt so raw and ill-equipped with playing the piano for people.  But God answered my prayers to let me play and he has supplied some amazing women to encourage and support me as I keep showing up.  In the end many women came up to me (and all of us) and told us how the music blessed them at the retreat.  So I joked that God must be changing what I play into something way more awesome that actually comes out the speakers.  In the end, I'm just glad that I got to be a part of worship that moved the women at the retreat.  

No comments:

Post a Comment