Adj. 1. inquisitory - diligent and thorough in inquiry or investigation; "a probing inquiry";


Monday, February 23, 2015

The Hippodrome Theater

This first picture has nothing to do with the Hippodrome.  I just thought it was funny.  Gwyn was moving and so her hand ended up blurry.  The effect looks to me like she's using a certain gesture that gets blurred out during daytime TV (or did when I was young).  She was not making that gesture, but it makes me laugh.
So our field trip group got to take a tour of the Hippodrome Theater in Baltimore.  This amazing building sat empty and decaying for many years and after several years of refurbishment and oodles of money, is presentin broadway productions again.
I didn't get a chance to take a lot of photos and the girls were split into two groups.  But they did get a behind the stage tour of the place.  They got to check out the stage, the lighting and curtain controls, the trap doors and orchestra pit, the dressing rooms and elevators.  It was a very interesting look at the behind-the-scenes.
They also got a lesson in improv.  The groups played games acting out different scenes and modes of transportation.
I can't wait until we can see a show at the Hippodrome.  The girls' preference would be Cats, but I don't think we should hold our breath for that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment