Adj. 1. inquisitory - diligent and thorough in inquiry or investigation; "a probing inquiry";


Saturday, February 7, 2015

Shadow puppets

Addy was our February American Girl.  We talked about how after her family was reunited, she made shadow puppets to entertain her parents.  Then the girls all got to make a girl with moveable arms and try it out for themselves.  I must say that my inspiration for this one came from a program we did at the Maryland Science Center where my girls made shadow puppets.  That one was open-ended, so we ended up with some really neat-o puppets like a monster, a worm, an octopus, etc.  At the AG program, we stuck to girls for time-sake.  We also talked about hand shadow puppets and the different animals you can make.  It was neat to watch all the girls playing withe their "dolls" behind the curtain when they got them made.  I don't think many girls play like this very often.  So I'm glad they got to experiment with it and I hope they went home and made some more puppets.  It's awesome when all you need is a stick, some paper and a window.




No comments:

Post a Comment