Adj. 1. inquisitory - diligent and thorough in inquiry or investigation; "a probing inquiry";


Saturday, February 21, 2015

Mardi Gras Marie-Grace

January was for Marie-Grace in my American Girl program series.  Any excuse for Mardi Gras is fun for me!  I had some extra helpers for this program.  The "big girls" manned the glue gun station for me while the little girls made the masks.  I did have some girls that attended the program try to make off with my real Mardi Gras masks.  No ma'am! Those will stay with me - that's why we're making masks you can take home.  The girls all did a great job with their masks and did take home some really nice ones!


I love that I get to "sneak" some history in on the girls that come to the AG programs.  That's the whole point (at least originally) of the American Girl Dolls right?!  So we got to learn about why people in New Orleans would speak French in Marie-Grace's time, why she and her friend Cecile couldn't go to the same balls, and what life might have been like for a girl in New Orleans in the 1850s.  And if it sparks one girls interest to find out more, then I am a happy lady.  

No comments:

Post a Comment