Adj. 1. inquisitory - diligent and thorough in inquiry or investigation; "a probing inquiry";


Saturday, February 21, 2015

Snow Day!

We had our first substantial snow day.  Everything in the woods is so beautiful in the snow.  The piles here and there, the lines of snow on the tree branches, the sparkle of the frozen crystals near the river.  It reminds me to stop and look and be grateful.













The schools were closed so the kids got to play with neighbors.  If you can't tell, Tinkerbell does not like the snow.  I let her out, with her little coat on, because she acted like she wanted to join us all outside.  But she took the first opportunity to get in someone's lap and off the snow.  So we let her go back inside to her comfy bed beside the heat vent.


I have yet to figure out while children love a truck.  I know I did when I was little too.  Getting on the back of the truck in the snow seemed to be THE thing to do.  Everyone had to get up there and everyone had a turn.
We all decided to trek down to the river to see how frozen over it was.  
See what I mean about the snow on the trees? I love it!
The river wasn't as frozen as we have seen it, but it is still neat to see the parts of the back channel that are frozen.

And the snow is clean, so everyone had to taste it.  I don't think it tasted any different that it would have at the house, but they had to see anyway.
Selfie!

The kids all worked together to make this tiny snowman.  He's pretty pitiful, but they had fun making him.
And the poor chickies are braving the snow.  Maybe we should make a snowchicken next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment