Adj. 1. inquisitory - diligent and thorough in inquiry or investigation; "a probing inquiry";


Saturday, February 21, 2015

MLK parade

I do love a parade.  I love the floats.  I love the horses.  And I really love the bands and dancers.  So I took Gwyn, Celee and Natalie down to the Marin Luther King Jr. parade in the city. I don't think Gwyn is as impressed as me.   It was crazy cold, but we braved it for almost the entire parade.  Parades make me want to be in band again!  That always happens, but the drums just make me move!  I think if they'd let a middle-aged white woman join some of these troops, I'd be in!  I'm just half-way joking though.  Nobody would probably want to see that.



Celee's got her eye on you.


I had my Tinkering program at the library too.  The goal was to make scribblebots.  It was a little weird to later tell someone who asked me how it went, "Well, only two kids cried so I guess it went well."  Tinkering can be frustrating, but that's part of it.  Out of frustration we learn from our mistakes.  Everyone who couldn't get their bots to work at the program went home with the intention of trying again at home, so I think that's a success too.  Most of the kids did finish with a working scribble bot.  A few of them were really interesting designs too.  I don't know how I made it out of there with only this one picture.  Yes I do.  I was busy trying to "help" kids without touching their supplies.  That hands-off tinkering policy is really hard to keep to sometimes.  I also learned that kids need to be told not to jerk too hard on wires that are soldered into a motor.  I didn't bring a soldering gun, so if I couldn't complete the circuit with pressure, it just wasn't going to happen because I didn't have extra motors.  Ah, it's a learning experience for us all, me included.

No comments:

Post a Comment