Adj. 1. inquisitory - diligent and thorough in inquiry or investigation; "a probing inquiry";


Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Texas Christmas

We drove to Texas for our second Christmas.  Jason's parents live in Tyler, Texas, so this rounds out our Southern Christmas.  :)   We made the girls wait a bit after we got there until we could open presents.  Lyla was the only one beginning to pester people about it.  But I think everyone was excited to see people open presents.  Again, it never lasts long but it is so fun to give and get gifts!  Sometimes you just never know what you may get.  And I found out that just because a box looks new and unopened doesn't mean that the picture is actually what is in the box.  





Jason's uncle, aunt, cousin, and his family came over one evening to visit.  The girls so enjoy playing with more cousins!  And while the littlest cousin couldn't quite keep up with the big girls, we all enjoyed hearing her say sweet things like, "I no no?!" - translated "I don't know"
We got to go to church on Sunday at Monty and Pop's church.
Celee got to amaze everyone with her dismembered finger trick. (Thanks Uncle Jerry)
And all the girls got to go out to eat and shopping one afternoon.  I haven't done that in a looooong time.  I don't really enjoy shopping and rarely have the purpose to do it, but it was fun hitting the sales!
Lyla was VERY determined to use some of her Christmas money to go to Build a Bear.  She was so determined in fact that she got in trouble pestering us all about it and had to sit in the car with me at one store.  But finally her Build-a-Bear dreams were realized!  They didn't have the specific animal she originally wanted to "make."  But she settled on a normal bear, as long as he could have slippers.
Later the girls tried on some very high heels.  I don't think Lyla needs these extra four inches.
I also got to eat out at Clear Springs, which has super yummy fried pickles and catfish.  Oh yes!!  Again, not something I get to eat often, but oh when I do it's so good!


It was a wonderful Southern (Texas-specific) Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment