Adj. 1. inquisitory - diligent and thorough in inquiry or investigation; "a probing inquiry";


Saturday, December 27, 2014

Shoeboxes

This post is about packing shoeboxes, but I had to include some other things too.
I love that Lyla is taking piano.  She is progressing and is enjoying it, so that makes me happy!
I also did another American Girl program at the library.  This month we did Kaya and the girls got to make parfleches.  Then everyone got to decorate their parfleche with geometric patterns that represented nature.  And we got to eat blackberries, so that's always a win.


We did get to attend a shoebox packing party.  The girls had already packed individual shoeboxes to donate.  This time we just had to bring the rulers.  All the piles of supplies were laid out on a table and the kids got to fill shoeboxes with all kinds of goodies.  They also got to fill out a sheet telling little things about themselves for whatever child received that box.  Suzy Shoebox even made an appearance.  




I am very thankful that my girls love to do things like this.  They are very generous and are always ready to get gifts or supplies to give to people who need them.  I think that's a good lesson to learn in life and they remind me to keep being generous too.

No comments:

Post a Comment