Adj. 1. inquisitory - diligent and thorough in inquiry or investigation; "a probing inquiry";


Saturday, December 27, 2014

A Thankful House Full

My parents and my Aunt Gale got to come up and spend the week of Thanksgiving with us.  We are always so excited to get visitors!  They also brought their three dogs, so we definitely had a house full.  But it was a great week!  The girls got them to play lots of games.  I love to hear the girls and Mom and Gale all laughing as they played Jenga and Smashup.

On Thanksgiving Day the girls and I ran in the Y's Turkeytrot.  It was super cold and there was a dusting of snow on the ground, so we stayed in the car until it was time to run.  Gwyn and Celee took off together.  I stayed back with Lyla.  She stops a lot and does a fair share of complaining, but she keeps going.  She all of the sudden will just take off and I have to full out sprint to catch up with her, then she gives out and walks with me jogging backwards trying to encourage her to keep going.  But it is fun to run races with them.  And they are all very proud of themselves when they finish the race.  We had an ok time, considering all the walking and coercing that I did to get to the end.  I also do not have my endurance back yet, so I was just happy to be able to do the race.  Anyway, it gives us a time to try to beat at the next race.






Between me having to work and the weather not cooperating, we didn't really get to do much in the way of going and seeing.  But it was nice to just hang out and relax with family.  Tinkerbell enjoyed it.  Moxie, being the only cat in a house with 4 dogs, did not enjoy it, but que sera.  
I somehow did not get a picture of the Thanksgiving feast.  Probably because we were all too busy eating and enjoying it.  We did make sure to get some family photos though.  

I love having family here.  I love just that fact that other adults are in the house with me.  Sometimes you just need some help!  And thankfully I have a wonderful family who comes up to do just that periodically.  We have much to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment