Adj. 1. inquisitory - diligent and thorough in inquiry or investigation; "a probing inquiry";


Monday, August 12, 2013

The rest of the week

    Lyla had her 5 year old check up on Wednesday. She got to wear these cool glasses for the sight test which she thought was a hoot.  Our doctor, who we've only actually seen twice, is leaving so we may or may not be looking for a new ped soon.  This may be for more reasons than this, but I'll explain that later.
    We've been driving all over Baltimore, Carroll, and Harford counties looking at property.  It can be exhausting!  I feel silly being exhausted over something that requires very little physical movement other than in a car.  And I do feel extremely blessed that we can even look for property at this point. Never the less, it's been exhausting.  Celee did find this awesome tree at one farmhouse we looked at.  The property was gorgeous!  The house was our number two.  Old farmhouses are awesome, but air conditioning is a plus - especially for Jason.
     At Baugher's the bunnies had babies!  At first we could only see the fur nest moving, but this past week we could see the babies.  They are so cute!  And if course the girls want one, but no.  Not yet.
     I also discovered a family of chipmunks living under one of the chicken pens.  They are surprisingly unafraid, and let me get pretty close.  
     And as always, the sweet turkey just makes me smile.  He's such a clean and quiet bird.  His noises are so sweet and he comes to investigate when I try to mimic them.  (I will NOT be doing this for an audience). I may ask for a turkey for Mother's Day next year!


    We worked the farm for someone else last week so we were there on a day when they were picking.  We got to pick fresh peaches and prune plums.  I don't know if most people just eat this kind of plum, but we like them.  Then we went home and made a peach pie for Jason.  I'm not a big pie fan, but Jason and the girls said it was good and it didn't last long so I guess it was.




     After a stressful week and periods of several of us not feeling well, Sunday we decided to get out.  We headed up the NCR trail and the girls begged to play in the water.  They are river rats!  Anytime we can, they beg to be in some kind of stream or river.  We got to take Tink with us and let her off the leash a bit.  Her age is really starting to show though.  Her back knees get out if whack sometimes and I ended up carrying her part of the 2mile walk back because she was dragging so much.  I often forget she's 11-12 years old and not the spry little dog she used to be.








     I helped with Sunday school and found these eye stickers.  I made a hand puppet with them and this amused me way more than it probably should have.  They stayed on all day too!  It just kept cracking me up when I'd look down and it was as if "she" was eating whatever I was holding in my hand.  So all day I was like, "Stop eating that!"  Cracks me up!  Thankfully Jason humored me.
     We did find a wonderful house that has been very smartly remodeled.  We could move in with no fixing up!  It's in our middle price range and on 2.5 wooded acres that end right off of a trout stream.  We put in an offer and they counted with a very slight change, so we should be able to sign all the papers tomorrow.  The Lord has performed a miracle!  And I really don't say that lightly.  After such a crazy year and loosing so much on the Illinois house, it just doesn't seem possible for us to be able to have a place like we wished for.  Much less one that doesn't need fixing up!  God has worked through the generosity of Jason's parents and just inexplicable circumstances to make this happen.  It isn't all said and done until closing, so prayers that everything will go smoothly are much appreciated.  Now, maybe I can relax and think about school starting in two weeks!  Eek!

No comments:

Post a Comment