Adj. 1. inquisitory - diligent and thorough in inquiry or investigation; "a probing inquiry";


Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Last week of official summer?

     I can't believe last week was the last week of summer before school started!  It always goes by fast, but I feel like it went by extra fast this time.
     Gwyn and Celee did get in one last Cat Club outing.  They met at the movie theater to see African Cats together.  Lyla got to go to her Art Club just her and her friends, so they got a break from each other for a bit.

     Cat Club was going to have one more meeting at the meadow, but it ended up just us.  So they played in the river for the afternoon while Tink and I sat in the shade reading a book.  It was quite nice.  Except for the snake I saw and Tink stepped on.  She's that kind of dog - completely unobservant.  So many times I try to point out rabbits or squirrels to her and she never sees them.  (She will chase them if she sees them)  Anyway, I saw the snake and tried to get her to come to me a different way but she plowed right through and stepped on the thing anyway - completely oblivious.  At least it wasn't poisonous.  Later Celee asked me which eyes it had (to know if it was poisonous or not).  Honestly, I think that is one of the least helpful ways to try to figure out if a snake is poisonous.  I do not want to be close enough to see what it's eyes look like and then be like, "Oh, it is the poisonous kind."  It's snout was round, and it didn't bite us so I'm going with that it wasn't poisonous.      



     Some of our friends from Small Group moved to Idaho this past weekend.  :(  We will miss them.  So several families went over to help them load the trucks on Saturday.  The kids all got to play while the adults lugged boxes and furniture around.  Gwyn is definately too big for those battery powered cart toys, but she had fun with her knees up in the air anyway.

     Celee got to go to an American Girl Doll/Gymnastics birthday party for a friend of hers this weekend.  What could be more up Celee's alley?

     Monday was supposed to be the first day of school.  Everyone always posts those cute pictures of their kids on the first day all dressed up with their backpacks before they head off for the new year.  I have always done that too.  This year though, we work at the farm on Monday mornings, so we're in our "ok to get poop on them" clothes.  So yay for the first day of 5th, 4th, and 1st grade.  Maybe we'll try to re-create that first-day shot on a different day.

    I do not like these geese.  Or any other geese by the way.

     I do like these sheep.  They make the most awesome noises.  The baby bunnies are awesome too.  Lyla looks pretty forlorn in the picture, but she wanted her picture with the sheep.



     Who knows what we'll get around to this week.  I notified Carroll County that we'll be under their jurisdiction after the end of September so that's a whole new unknown to worry about.  I have two Baltimore county portfolio reviews under my belt so I felt pretty confident about the expectations for those.  All I can hope for is reviewers who actually support homeschooling.  A hostile review would be a nightmare!  But that is neither here nor there.  I can't change it and it won't happen anytime soon, so I'll try not to fret about it.  In the mean time I'm just going to continue to document everything and date everything so hopefully that will suffice.
     We're in the waiting phase now for the house.  All the paperwork that can be done has been done and now we're passing the time for the next month.  I'm glad I got to go in and take pictures of the rooms, because we're trying to get ideas for painting and other odds and ends.  I can't wait!  My pinterest boards just keep getting fuller!

No comments:

Post a Comment