Adj. 1. inquisitory - diligent and thorough in inquiry or investigation; "a probing inquiry";


Monday, August 12, 2013

I can't believe my baby is 6!

     Lyla turned six this past Tuesday.  It seems so crazy that my youngest child is this old!  In my head they are all three younger than that.  Se la vie.  She was very excited about her birthday.  (What kid isn't?).  She wanted a My Little Pony birthday so we made her a banner to ale up to.  Then she had a nice pile if presents and cards to open.  Jason and I broke down and finally got her her very own American Girl doll.  (Really mostly because I got it for half price). She had been borrowing Gwyn and Celee's to play with for a while, so we thought she could handle having her own now.

    Tuesday was also Art Club so Lyla got to go spend time with friends and paint on her birthday.  Marta always has the neatest ideas for them to create!  They made dragonflies and lily pads and popcorn flowers this time.  I love how free these projects are for them to imagine and create!


     Finally it was time for the party.  We had planned to have it at Oregon Ridge Beach so we would have a table and the kids could swim and play in the sand.  It ended up raining though so it was all iffy.  It did atop raining so I told everyone the party was still on and we loaded up.  When we drive up however, the beach was closed.  I guess the light rain cause them to close it for the day.  Not to be dissuaded, we skirted the fence and went in anyway.  It was too cool to swim (and no lifeguards anyway so you aren't supposed to swim) so I figured the kids could play on the sand and still have Lyla's party. It was misty rain the whole time!  Thankfully the few little friends who came's parents didn't think me too insane to leave their children with us, so the party went on.
     They all had a great time!  Kids always want to play in the rain and the sand so double win!  Lyla requested a chocolate cake (not my best decorating job), root beer floats and watermelon.  We played Pin the Wings on Rainbow Dash.  And best of all, everyone just played in the wet sand and got dirty.  And because the beach was technically closed, we had it all to ourselves.  So Happy Birthday Lyla!  You are so smart and spunky!  You definately make our lives more interesting!










No comments:

Post a Comment