Adj. 1. inquisitory - diligent and thorough in inquiry or investigation; "a probing inquiry";


Thursday, December 24, 2015

Christmas Eve

     The Chamblees all got together at Wendi's house this year.  I'm so glad we were here this time and could go!  We were all instructed to bring a white elephant gift for an adult, and a gift for our own kids to open.  I would really almost rather just not open gifts that have another gift for my own kids, but it turned out good.  We took them to Hudson's and told them to pick out something they wanted that we could wrap and they'd open at Wendi's.  So Lyla and Gwyn picked a stuffed Baymax.  Celee picked a boxed anime series that came with a hat and buckle.

     The adults played white elephant a different way this time.  We all had a gift.  Robert read a Christmas story and every time he said the words "left" or "right" we had to pass the gift accordingly.  It was a pretty funny and routy passing of the gifts!  Jason ended up with some lovely votive candles.  ;)

     Is isn't often that I get to visit with my cousins that I grew up with.  Wendi and Emily and I were a mess when we were all at Mamaw and Papaw Chamblees when we were little!  So many good memories!

     And the four siblings haven't been this cozy in many years.  About 12 to be exact.  I'm glad to see them all back in good relations with each other.
     Later all the Sarkady's and Lohrer's came over to Mom and Pete's.  Ryan brought his pistols and everyone had a turn to shoot.  It turns out Jason is a bit of a good shot.  His new nickname is Bullseye.  :)

     Tink is so festive in her Christmas shirt!  She doesn't look amused.
     We did visit Decatur UMC for their Christmas Eve Communion Service.  I have a lot of fond memories of this church from when I was little too.  We didn't attend there, but it's a small community and I was often there for this or that with friends.  It was a lovely service as well.  I really appreciated the time to refocus on what Christmas is about.  It really is a miracle that Almighty God loves us so much to condescend and send His Son to us as a frail human baby.  He really is Emmanuel.
     Then we got to go back and spend more coveted time with family.  And have some arm wrestling.  Maybe this will start the annual Lohrer arm wrestling championship.  So far Papaw is the champion.


No comments:

Post a Comment