Adj. 1. inquisitory - diligent and thorough in inquiry or investigation; "a probing inquiry";


Sunday, September 6, 2015

Mimi and Papaw

My parent came to visit!  It's always fun to have family around.  It just makes everything seem lighter.  I'm not sure Penny appreciated being a perch for Sunshine though.  ;)

We took a day to go to DC on Sunday.  It was an interesting time.  We joked later that Jason needed a shirt that said, "It's my bad-choice making day."  It wasn't so bad, but he did almost get Gwyn arrested.  We came out of the parking garage building and there were a group of segways pulled up next to the entrance.  I expected them to be locked or in some way immobile but they weren't .  He started putting around on one and then got Gwyn to try.  That's when the segway tour guide person rode up on his own segway followed by a little crowd of segway tourists.  He started yelling at her and was clearly exasperated.  He finally told her to just put it down, which she did and it fell on the ground.  This was one of those What were you thinking? moments.  I kinda agreed with the tour guide who said, "Why would you take it when it's not yours?"  I'm thankful it was a harmless incident.  And Gwyn wasn't too upset.  And Jason was ok too.  Thankfully we could just all laugh about it later.  But nobody's taking a segway when I'm around again.
We went to the Natural History Museum.  This fit in nicely with our history lessons as we were learning about prehistoric man at the time.

On the way home we stopped to eat at a Potbellies.  I love that place.  I haven't eaten at one since we left Illinois.  It was yummy!  And thankfully there were no more incidents for the rest of my parents' stay.  We mostly hung out around the house, cooking, eating, playing games, and in general just spending time together.  I'm so glad they got to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment