Adj. 1. inquisitory - diligent and thorough in inquiry or investigation; "a probing inquiry";


Wednesday, September 3, 2014

River Valley Run

The girls and I signed up to run the River Valley Run 5K.  I had originally signed up for the 10K Trail Run, but had to downgrade after Lyme Disease kicked my hiney for several weeks.  I am determined to do it next year though!  
We decided to make Team Pony Power T-shirts for the race.  The girls each chose a pony and decorated their shirts.  They even frayed the ends of the shirts and put beads on the bottom.  I know Lyla got many compliments during the race for her snazzy shirt!  We made a Discord shirt for Jason so he could join in the Pony Power fun.  He was the "catcher" at the finish line for us.  
I told the girls that they didn't have to wait on each other, but to just run however fast they wanted. Jason was at the finish line to "catch" them so I wasn't worried about them getting lost in the crowd.   Lyla wanted me to stay with her, but Gwyn and Celee took off.  It was an out-and-back race so I got to cheer for them when they passed us on their way back!
Can you see Celee jumping over the finish line? :)

We waited around until the very end because the kids events were after the races were done.  I'm glad we did because Celee won the 3rd place medal for 12 and under!  Gwyn must have come in 4th because I'm pretty sure she was close behind Celee.
Then we were off to the kids events!  The girls got to "joust" each other.  Gwyn kind of cheats though because she's so tall she just steps over onto the other podium and knocks smaller people off.  I guess she's just using her advantage.


There was a huge hoola-hoop area with all kinds of crazy hoops.  Gwyn even got the gigantic one going for a while!


There was also a balloon artist there.  Gwyn and Lyla got balloon swords with belts.  Celee got a "fireworks" hat.  Then Gwyn went back and got a cool parrot (that Jason and I thought looked a little like Perry the Platypus).  Lyla went back and got a "fireworks" hat too.


We had a good time!  Running is so much more fun at a race!  It is a struggle to get the girls to practice at home, but they all have fun at the actual race.  So I just keep trying to remind them of the fun at the actual day when we try to practice.  They all definitely want to do the River Valley Run next year.  And I'm determined to do the 10K Trail Run.  We had perfect weather, and fun run, and a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment