Adj. 1. inquisitory - diligent and thorough in inquiry or investigation; "a probing inquiry";


Monday, September 29, 2014

In other news...

Our Monarch-loving friend Bridget set us up with Monarch caterpillars this year. We had several caterpillars, and even found one in the wild when we were collecting milkweed for them. I think Monarch caterpillars must eat each other sometimes though because our tiny one disappeared. Then one of the big ones crawled off. Poor thing. There is no milkweed in my house outside of the caterpillar net.
Still, one finally did make its chrysalis. We all got super excited when the chrysalis turned color and we could see the butterfly inside. Then she hatched! Celee tagged her. (So if she makes it to Mexico, they will know where she came from) We tried to feed her a bit. Then Celee released her. Happy breezes to Mexico, Fluttershy #1! (Of course the girls named them all Fluttershy)





Celee and Lyla started back to gymnastics. We foundation tumbling/trampoline gym in Westminster that they are really enjoying. We started out with both girls going for the competitive team. They were doing well! But then we got sticker shock! And as neither Celee nor Lyla really wanted to compete at this point, we went back to the recreational class. They are still having a blast with it and getting better at it too!

Gwyn started practice for the Piranhas swim team. She is a natural swimmer, but it takes a while to get your endurance back after being out for so long. It's fun to watch her improving!

Gwyn's Girl Scout troop had their Bronze Award pinning ceremony. I'm so proud of these girls!



It still amazes me at times, almost like I'm caught unawares, when I realize how old my girls are. I feel old for saying it, but the time has flown by too quickly! Gwyn is as tall as me now and will probably be taller soon. Celee is so thoughtful and responsible - she is such a help to me! And Lyla, even though she's still small, she can do so much on her own! They really are little ladies now. I love my little ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment