Adj. 1. inquisitory - diligent and thorough in inquiry or investigation; "a probing inquiry";


Friday, January 1, 2016

Here's to 2016!


We ushered 2016 in with Ernest movies and honey buns. I feel like we spent most of 2015 running, catching a breath, running, catching a breath or two, rinse and repeat. So while it was a good year, I am am glad to see a new one. We did have good times throughout the year. We got a new car, wrangled chickens, took circus classes, and went on fun adventures. So I am thankful for a healthy family, a nice home, and good times with family and friends.
So as we turn the page into this new year, here are some of our thoughts.

Jason - 37 years old
(It's hard to get Jason to take a real picture)
What was most memorable to you in 2015? I love going to Disney World. I liked riding the Snow White ride because it was something new. It was also fun to go camping with Jon and Will and everyone since we don't get to see them very often. Mostly for 2015 I was at work.
What were you most proud of? Finishing XCom 2. It was a difficult project.
What are you looking forward to in 2016? Returning to normal work hours. And going to Jamaica. (We have no plans to go to Jamaica, but who knows?)
What do you want to accomplish in 2016?  I want to get the girls' zip line installed and start work on their clubhouse.  Everything else is top secret.

Lana - 37 years old 

What was most memorable to you in 2015? I had fun with my garden and hatching and raising chickens.  I got to play the piano almost every week in church.  The girls and I took a quirky and fun trip out to Wyoming this summer.  Running the farm camp was a crazy hectic but super fun endeavor.  We don't do a lot of trips on our own, so the trip to the Outer Banks was different and fun.
What were you most proud of?  I'm proud that I am more comfortable playing the piano and dulcimer.  I even had to sing a few times!  
What are you looking forward to in 2016?  I feel like 2016 is going to see us meeting some of our financial goals, so that's exciting.  I'm happy to start some home improvement projects.  I also have some ideas in mind for the garden - and I got that chainsaw for Christmas so I'm excited to do some demolition.
What do you want to accomplish in 2016?  I sound like a broken record, but I would like to plan out my time better so that I can devote more thought to the task at hand rather than throwing things together at the last minute.  I know that's just the way things happen sometimes, but is like it to happen less often.  I'd also like to continue to improve on the piano and dulcimer.  I'd like to get out the saxophone and violin too!


Gwyn - 13 years old 

What was most memorable to you in 2015?  Going to Disney World with Monty and Pop was very memorable.  Turning 13 was fun because I got to have a part with my family, a party with friends, and a party with Mimi and Papaw.
What were you most proud of?  I got my Silver Award.  It took a lot of time to plan my part and teach children about butterflies.  I'm also proud I got ribbons at swim meets such as 5th place in Butterfly and 3rd place Freestyle Relay.
What are you looking forward to in 2016?  Maybe getting goats, a treehouse, and summer!
What do you want to accomplish in 2016?  I want to beat my times in swimming.  I also want to be more responsible and kind to people.


Celee - 12 years old 

What was most memorable to you in 2015?  Getting the silkies and making the campsite for Gwyn's birthday was fun.  Driving to Wyoming and seeing all the places we stayed like the cabin and the Enchanted Castle was fun.
What are you most proud of? I learned at circus class to to walk on the rolling globe backwards and forwards.  I also got eight Pokemon and a gym badge in my Pokemon game.
What are you looking forward to in 2016?  Going to aerial fabrics class, I want to learn more moves.  I'm looking forward to going to TGIF and going to fun classes.  
What do you want to accomplish in 2016?  I want to finish my math book.  I want to be nicer to Lyla.  I also want to improve my drawing Anime characters.  I'm going to try to draw birds more too.


Lyla - 8 years old 

What was most memorable to you in 2015?  Gymnastics!  Doing flips on the trampoline is fun.  It was fun to learn to do the diaper in aerial fabrics too.  I also like driving the golf cart with Papaw and picking up gold balls.
What were you most proud of?  I landed a front flip on the trampoline.
What are you looking forward to in 2016?  I want to learn to fall forwards in aerial fabrics.  I want to see Monty and Pop more.
What do you want to accomplish in 2016?  I am going to work hard to do a back hand spring. 

     So it's interesting to me that none of us said much about school.  Like I said, it's been a crazy year.  We made a lot of crazy memories though, have a lot to be thankful for, and we did learn a lot.  Learning doesn't have to be all academic anyway.  I've watched our little family grow in our faith, our giving, our thoughtfulness, and our desire to try new things this past year.  Thank you 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment