Adj. 1. inquisitory - diligent and thorough in inquiry or investigation; "a probing inquiry";


Monday, February 24, 2014

Just keep shoveling...

Man did we get snow!  We shoveled and shoveled and shoveled.  We had 10 inches one day, then 4-6 more, then a few days, then 2 more.  At one point I even shoveled the roof!  But it did make for good fun!  My girls don't have the biggest attention span for snowmen, so their snowmen are usually small - even when there is more than enough snow to make a big one.  But Celee made a cute one.







Jason and I just pretended it was all sand for a bit.  We were channeling Jamaica!
Later the girls painted the snow.  This made the melty snowman VERY creepy looking I think.  Then they just wrote messages in the snow.




















On the first "warm" day we took a walk and saw a beautiful "river" of melting snow coming down the drive from the church down the road.  The girls had fun throwing snow off the bridge into the river.  And they played for a bit under the bridge.  I don't know what it is about under bridges, but they apparently are the coolest places!  I remember thinking the same thing when I was little, and my girls always want to play under bridges when given the chance.  The mud is cool.  The noise of cars overhead is cool.  The graffiti is cool.  The trash is even cool.  So we played a bit under this cool bridge before hiking back up the hill home.

Back in the house, Celee is getting a hipster vibe.  She covered the legs and bridge of her "glasses" with duct tape.  I think she's such a cutie - hipster or not!
This is not a "look at my patio furniture in the snow" picture.  It's a "look at the little bird eating my seed on the railing" picture.  I am so happy to see and hear the birds again.  This one is a Black-eyed Junco and is technically here year-round, but I'm still happy to see him.  I've also seen Robins and a few Bluebirds, so there is hope that Spring is coming.
So to encourage Spring-y thinking, I planed some of my bulbs in the kitchen.  We're enjoying the Spring flowers now.  It's nice to sit at the table in the kitchen when the sun is coming through and the flowers are there.  You can feel Spring right there at the table!

No comments:

Post a Comment