Adj. 1. inquisitory - diligent and thorough in inquiry or investigation; "a probing inquiry";


Monday, October 21, 2013

Coming in 3rd in a league of 3

     I was looking back at some blog posts from over a year ago and I've decided I used to be a lot funnier.  Or at least wittier.  But I also know that I can't be witty when I'm trying to be witty.  Out of the overflow of the heart and all that.  Looking back at this past week I realized I didn't even take that many pictures.  I realized this on Saturday and so I promptly took lots of fuzzy pictures of Gwyn and Celee's soccer game with my phone.  It isn't that we haven't been doing fun things, or at least productive things.  It's just my mind can only think of so many things at one time and in the overload this past week, photography was pushed to the wayside.  No spare brains for photos or wittiness.  There was a whole lot of moving things, learning things, driving, putting things away, building beds, on top of the normal laundry, cooking, picking up.  (Notice not much cleaning in there)  There is an end though.  The moving will be done.  Moving small loads seems like it will never end, but there will be a point (hopefully tomorrow) when there will be nothing left that I can fit in the van.
The girls did get to go to the Walter's Art Museum this week and take a class on the "Age of Discovery."  They talked about art from around the 1500-1600s and the glimpses into life and values that the pieces give us.  At the end they got to paint their own plate to bring home.  Lyla and I went on a scavenger hunt through the museum while the older kids took the class.  She was given four pieces of fabric and had to find pieces in the collection that matched them.  She also sketched some of her favorite things she saw like the potpourri vase shaped like a masted ship.
     This was actually Gwyn and Celee's last game of the season.  They have gotten so much better over the past month!  And they are both interested (along with Lyla) in continuing to play so we have things we can work on at home too.  Their little league only has 3 teams in it.  Bless their hearts - the "championship" game is Wed., and the other two teams are playing each other to see who will be 1st and 2nd.  The girls were a little bummed out about being 3rd, but I keep trying to stress to them how important it is to learn from better players, how to win and loose with good sportsmanship, and how to do your best and have fun with the game itself.  I get it though - it is a little disappointing to come in 3rd in a league of 3.  I'm glad that they want to continue playing though.  It's fun to be a parent on the sidelines!






     After a long day of many boxes being put away and the girls' bed being almost finished, we decided to eat dinner at our fire ring and have smores for dessert.  It was so nice!  If we keep doing this we should have the hill pretty cleared of sticks and limbs before long too!  It is perfect campfire weather too.  Just chilly enough that you want to be near the fire, but not so cold that the side not facing the fire freezes.  I can't wait to have friends over to enjoy the fire with us!



No comments:

Post a Comment