Adj. 1. inquisitory - diligent and thorough in inquiry or investigation; "a probing inquiry";


Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Platitudes

I am thankful for the acquaintances and friends and family who I know care. They ask how I am and then they offer well-meaning platitudes. I know that they don't really know what to say if you don't answer "fine" or "good," But they do care. Today I am especially thankful for the people who do and say more. For people who will stop and ask questions because they do want to know more. For people who will stop and pray with you and for you right then and there. I don't think badly of the friends who say they will pray for me/us (meaning later). I am thankful knowing many of them DO actually pray for me. I need those prayers. But today I needed that immediate concern, compassion, and prayer. I needed to hear that prayer lifted up by someone else on my behalf. And I am immensely thankful that God knew what I needed and a beautiful woman of God was there to respond right then and there. I hope that I can be so bold and ready to step out of my comfort zone when God shows me people who need me to listen, show real concern, and pray for and with them in the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment