Adj. 1. inquisitory - diligent and thorough in inquiry or investigation; "a probing inquiry";


Thursday, July 31, 2014

Mississippi

The girls actually went to Mississippi first on their trip, but Jason and I went there second, so the pictures were in that order.  The girls stayed with Mimi and Papaw for about two weeks.  I think they went swimming every day!  It reminds me of my summers, when I was at the pool everyday also!  They did lots of other things too like driving the golf cart - always a favorite.  They visited lots of family.  Helped in the garden and the wood shop.  Gwyn and Celee even got to try out the Decatur Family Medical Center where they got shots!  Gwyn had a pretty bad case of poison ivy (that she actually got in MD) and Celee got stung by a wasp.  Let me just say that compared to MD, the nurses in Decatur don't play.  There was no topical ointment or pills, it was straight to a shot in the hiney.  Ah, summer memories.

A friend of Mimi's has a large farm and teaches various lessons so the girls got to try out barrel racing!  They did pretty good.  I wouldn't mind having a barrel racer in the future!
Lyla loves a bubble bath!
When Jason, the girls and I got back to Miss, we had to go pick blueberries!  I can't resist!  We didn't get the huge hall we usually get, but I got enough to bring home and freeze.  So yummy!

While we were picking blueberries we got to hear something I'd never heard before.  We were all standing around talking to the property owner when we heard a pack of coyotes that apparently had taken down something.  It was so eery!  I've never heard a whole pack like that.  The dogs were going nuts too!
And finally the girls got to show us all the tricks they had perfected on the diving board!  They even tried flips!  I was pretty impressed.

Daddy had to show off his cannon ball. :)

I was super excited to get to see my cousin Wendy and her family while we were there. It was a short trip, but the girl got to swim with their cousins and eat watermelon.  Wendy swears her boys are trouble, but those faces will probably keep them out of too much trouble!  They are the cutest!



More cousins!  The girls got super silly making up songs and videos with Jeffery.  One day I may blackmail him with the song he sang and videoed.  I'll make sure that one gets kept until he's a teenager or a twenty-something.  Heehee!

They also played water war in the back yard.  It's always funny to me to see them (usually Gwyn) trying to create "rules" for this game.  There are no rules in Water War!  It's everyone for themselves and whoever can get the hose uses it!


No comments:

Post a Comment