Adj. 1. inquisitory - diligent and thorough in inquiry or investigation; "a probing inquiry";


Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

Looking into 2014, we aren't really making "resolutions."  Although I do appreciate the idea of being "resolute" in goals we make or in behaviors we want to improve.  I guess the trend toward people not making "resolutions" is the fear of disappointment?  If I make a resolution, but fear that I will not keep it, I'm setting myself up for disappointment.  But if I don't call it a resolution, it's more flexible?  How about we set goals that mean enough to us to be resolute about it, but don't hold ourselves to such a strict expectation that we have no grace.  If I mess up, I don't have to scrap the whole endeavor, I can renew the resolution and continue to grow.  That's my intention anyway.
So for 2014 here's some of our recaps and goals.

Lyla Montgomery - Age 6

What was your favorite thing about 2013?  We went sledding down the hills in the snow at our house. 
What were you proud of in 2013?  I rode Splash Mountain at Disney World and Big Thunder Mountain and went in the Haunted Mansion for the first time.
What would you like to do in 2014?  Go to New York City
What is something you would like to change in 2014?  I'd like to start going on hikes more.










 

 

 

Celee Montgomery - Age 10

What was your favorite things about 2013?  I like seeing my family at Christmas and of course going on a trip for my birthday to the waterpark.  I also enjoyed homeschool this year - it was more fun.  And I enjoyed buying gifts for my family.
What were you proud of in 2013?  I'm proud of getting better at art, with flowers and everything.  I'm proud of doing good in soccer too.  I was also proud of being able to drive the golf cart better.
What would you like to do in 2014?  Go on more horse riding lessons and have more family time together.
What is something you would like to change in 2014?  I'd like to stop arguing with my sisters and to stop having mean tones when I'm talking




 

 

Gwyn Montgomery - Age 11

What was your favorite thing about 2013?  I liked it when we went to Disney World and the wedding.
What were you proud of in 2013?  When we did the History Diorama, I thought I did pretty good on the house.  It took me a while and I burnt my hands a lot.  I'm also proud of being able to cook my own meal in the kitchen.  And going to the farm to take care of the animals and knowing how to do it.
What would you like to do in 2014?  Go to New York to Times Square and the park.  I want to go to New Jersey to Carlo's Bakery in Hoboken.  I would like to buy a pastry there.  I also want to go ice skating.
What is something you would like to change in 2014?  I want to stop making rude comments and arguing with people.  I also want to be nicer to Lyla even though it gets hard to do.


 

 

 

Lana Montgomery - Age 35

What was your favorite things about 2013?  I am so happy that we found a nice home on land in the woods! 
What were you proud of in 2013?  I'm proud of many of the cool things we've done in our homeschool, like the History lessons and the mini-natural science museum we put together.  I'm also proud that I finally learned to make bread. 
What would you like to do in 2014? I really want to take the girls to New York City.  I want to explore more of the Maryland beaches when the weather gets warm too.  I also want to get to a point where I'm more comfortable playing the dulcimer and piano in front of people.   
What is something you would like to change in 2014?  I am going plan my days ahead more often because I know that I get more accomplished with a better feeling of competency when I have planned out what my day will look like ahead of time.  So that's going to take some set-aside time to plan and the diligence to follow through.

 

 

 

Jason Montgomery - Age 35

What was your favorite thing about 2013?  We got our house.  I also got a 3DS XL and a WiiU (a limited edition Zelda WiiU). It was fun to see Weird Al in concert!
What were you proud of in 2013?  I'm proud that I shipped XCOM Enemy Within. 
What would you like to do in 2014?  I want to join a men's Bible study.
What is something you would like to change in 2014?  I need to draw more often, keep a sketchbook. 












     And so we begin 2014 with a trip as usual.  This year a little longer than usual (1300 miles over two days) but with an extra vehicle this time.  One of my surprises was for Jason's dad to give us the truck we sold to him 6 years ago that was my vehicle in college.  Yay!  Who knows what all I can bring home now that I have a truck again!  And I guess I'll be planning some kind of trip to New York this year.  3/5 majority rules.  :)
Happy New Year!  2014 is going to be great!


No comments:

Post a Comment