Adj. 1. inquisitory - diligent and thorough in inquiry or investigation; "a probing inquiry";


Thursday, September 5, 2013

Truth vs pride

This was written some time ago in a moment of clarity.  I thought it appropriate as I contemplate the coming new year.  ;)

Lord, give me the wisdom and self-reflection to know when something is true - Your Truth.  Help me not to let being right be more important than speaking the truth.  Help me to see your messages in other people's opinions and arguments, regardless of the messenger.   Push my pride so far out of the picture that I can be a witness for you even when I am wrong.  Let me model for my children the humility of one who can only boast in the living Christ and no knowledge or understanding that came of my own works.  You give wisdom.  You give understanding.  All the Earth is yours, from quantum physics to 3rd grade math word problems.  From theology to simple acts of compassion.  You completely overshadow my pride.  Let me live that truth.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment