Adj. 1. inquisitory - diligent and thorough in inquiry or investigation; "a probing inquiry";


Monday, September 23, 2013

Moving Again

     This week the girls finished up their dioramas for History Club.  Lyla's was on the Inuit.  Celee's was on the Iroquois.  Gwyn's was on the Choctaw.  They all did a really good job!  They had to present their dioramas to the whole group and answer questions.  It is always really neat to see them talk about something they are proud of.  The whole group really did nice presentations and we (the adults) were pleasantly surprised with the enthusiasm that they all had in creating and talking about the dioramas and how much they learned about various people groups.




     We bought a house.  I say "we," but really we just rode the wave of blessings.  We showed up and signed papers.  Either way, we have a new home now.  It is way out in the country.  Not the "country" the way my Mississippi peeps would think of, but "country" for up here.  I can see other houses from the yard, but we have 2.5 acres and lots of woods so we can't really see what anyone else is doing.  So no more shushing the girls and telling them to stop stomping.  Now I can once again say "Go outside!"
     Our first meal in the new house, sans furniture, was pizza and Five Guys.  Two fifths of us got sick afterwards, so I don't know if we'll visit that particular Five Guys again, but we had fun eating it at the time.
     My first morning waking up in the new house, I walked down the hill to the stream.  This is not technically our property, but it sure is nice to enjoy!
     Out of all the times we drove out to the house prior to buying it, the girls and I never noticed this lovely statue.  Jason pointed it out to us after we bought the house.  Now every time we drive by someone yells, "Hey Sasquatch!"  I'm sure it will wear off eventually, but it's pretty cool for now.
     My Aunt Gale bought a used trampoline and gave it to the girls before we moved last year.  My parents brought it up with them and finally we got to put it up!  Jason worked hard yesterday and the girls are sooooo excited to finally have their own trampoline.  I am excited too because I always asked for a trampoline and never got one so now I finally got one to jump on too!
     Here is the house.  Don't those flower beds need some work!  I am certainly looking forward to tackling them!  Everything on the inside of the house is nicely remodeled and we have big plans (in the future) for the outside.  So exciting!
     We had promised the girls that we could spend the night in the house on Friday after we closed.  So I mentally was prepared to spend one night in the house.  But I guess we are there for good, so it's all a little harry right now.  There's no internet or garbage service.  Like I said, I was only prepared for one night.  But little by little we are moving things.  We do have to get movers for the big things like the piano, but I think that'll happen next week, or maybe this weekend.  This is definitely the least planned out move I've ever done, a very loose move.  But I'm trying to just go with it and be thankful for every little thing.  Like the beautiful ride to church Sunday morning.  Or the picture of the girls painting Lyla's room in their underwear b/c we didn't have extra clothes with us.  That one won't get posted.  Or the stand mixer that the previous owners left behind.  (Finally I get a stand mixer!)  My motto this week is We can only do what we can do and get there when we get there.  Oh, and no fighting in the car (cause the car rides are longer now)

No comments:

Post a Comment