Adj. 1. inquisitory - diligent and thorough in inquiry or investigation; "a probing inquiry";


Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day

It was a Happy Mother's Day.  After a very stressful week, we didn't do much this past weekend.  I did finally go get the girls' hair cut.  I really don't make a priority of this as much as I should, mine or theirs.  But it was definitely time.  So we walked down the hill to the Hair Cuttery to get it done.  I had thought to myself that if I thought the ladies did a good job I would get mine cut as well.  Well, I did not get mine cut.  First one of the ladies argued with me about Celee's hair, then cut it shorter than she showed us.  The lady who cut Gwyn's did her bangs weird and then started braiding her hair even after Gwyn said she really didn't want her to.  I guess Lyla's went ok, but overall I am not too impressed with the Hair Cuttery.  I will be making myself an appointment somewhere else.  The girls weren't too keen on getting a picture of their haircuts afterwards.  After Gwyn took her braid out and we walked a bit back to the apartment, I did manage to get one.

I was treated to omelets, sweet cards, and candy for Mother's Day.  Jason got me a lovely corsage too!  I just love a corsage - it just makes me feel special.  Then the girls and I headed to church.  I got to help out with Gwyn's class and then go to worship with Jason later.  It's cool to get to participate with my girls in their Sunday School classes.  It also selfishly helps me to know who is who and what is being said and done.  :)  

After church we got to eat out at Carrabba's.  All the ladies got a white rose for Mother's Day and the girls had a funny time with mine.  Gwyn really wanted me to hold it in my teeth and dance, but I thought she should do it for me since it was Mother's Day.  She didn't exactly dance, but it was fun.  And the food was super yummy as always.  And we were all super full the rest of the day so I didn't have to make supper.  Oh, but we did have cheesecake.  I did make one of those.  Butterscotch cheesecake makes a good Mother's Day dinner I believe.



No comments:

Post a Comment