Adj. 1. inquisitory - diligent and thorough in inquiry or investigation; "a probing inquiry";


Monday, May 13, 2013

Manna

Today I am thinking of manna in the desert. I am torn between the biblical financial guidelines that say to save, to invest, to prosper, and God's instructions to the Israelites in the desert not to gather more manna than they needed for the present day. When those future-minded individuals did gather more than they needed for the day, it rotted and was useless. Only for the Sabbath could they gather for more than one day and the manna would remain unspoiled. I translate this as if it was for honoring The Lord and bringing Him glory, the manna could be stored. But when it was to allay the people's fears that God may not rain the manna down the next day so better safe than sorry, well, then it spoiled. So today, as my "manna" is completely gone I hope to have the faith that is needed to truly not worry about tomorrow for today has enough worries of its own. God does provide - not necessarily in some worldly material sense, but in what He knows we truly need to be the person who we can best bring Him glory. I am thankful the "manna" was sufficient for this day. I am struggling with the fear of what will happen tomorrow. I pray that God will increase my faith, so that whether tomorrow brings about anything even near to my hopes and dreams or whether it is something completely different, I can have peace knowing His plan is better. And that I can bring Him glory here and now, not pining away over manna that can't be stored. He is good. And His provision is so much more than simply sufficient.

1 comment:

  1. its so hard to NOT "store up" and "save" the things in our life or "manna". Hang in there. Thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete