Adj. 1. inquisitory - diligent and thorough in inquiry or investigation; "a probing inquiry";


Sunday, February 7, 2016

A Weekend Getaway

My anniversary present to Jason was a Gaming Weekend.  Our anniversary is in December, but we couldn't actually get away until February.  Celee and Gwyn were going on a youth retreat, and Lyla could stay with friends, so we headed off to Gettysburg.  I booked us a very nice B&B called the Swope Manor that is a block off the circle in the center of town.  I told Jason I would watch him play video games or play them with him - it was his choice.  And Gettysburg is nice because it's really on around 40 min from home, but it feels like you're far away.  And there are lots of cool places to eat.
Bonus for me was that the first night there we got to eat in a yummy bar called Blue and Grey that had live music.  I so miss going out and hearing live music.
I don't think that will hold you, love.
There was a little mix up with our reservations, so we were gifted a bottle of wine.  And I brought a bottle of pear champagne that we have discovered is super yummy.  This is probably more alcohol that Jason and I drink in any 6 month period.
I found out that I am not very good at Battlefront.  The cameras wig out on me b/c I have never gotten used to 3-D games.  I can rock a 2-D scroller, but I just haven't ever mastered moving the camera angles and the person at the same time.  I kept getting stepped on my Walkers.  There should be an achievement for the most times to get stepped on.  I could have won that.
We foolishly ate WAY too much the entire weekend.  No kids?  Let's eat!  I really wanted to order dessert on Sat. night even though we were both already full.  Then the waitress brought out this monstrosity.  Seriously!  I don't know if all five of us could have eaten this cake.  This is like one cake cleverly cut and stacked on itself to resemble one piece.  We gave it a try though.
And I always love it when I can get Jason laughing.
Happy 15 Years!  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment