Adj. 1. inquisitory - diligent and thorough in inquiry or investigation; "a probing inquiry";


Monday, March 4, 2013

Happy Birthday To Me



Yep.  This week I turned 35.  I officially have to check a different age-group box on most forms now.  I guess that means I'm technically not a "young adult" anymore.  Pooh.  I guess I can just try to rock the latter half of the thirties.  :)    Jason was so sweet - for my birthday he actually ordered a cookie dough ice cream cake for me.  That's a big deal for him to order something, but he did confess that he was able to order it online so he didn't have to actually talk to anyone except when he went to pick it up.  It was sooo yummy!  The girls and he gave me super sweet cards and some nice gifts.  We also got to go out to Boca de Beppo for dinner.  Super yum!  I had made a reservation (online!)  and asked for the kitchen table.  It was fun to watch all the commotion in the kitchen.  Everyone was so nice and funny.  They seemed to enjoy their jobs there.  One cook even photo-bombed Gwyn!

The birthday just kept on going because Friday night was date night at the gym, so who can pass up that opportunity?  Jason and I decided to go bowling.  He did really well!  He even got a turkey (three strikes in a row for those, like me, who wouldn't otherwise know what that is)  Of course the camera was not ready to capture that though.  I got two strikes too.  We ate yucky corn dogs and laughed and bowled.  Then after we picked up Celee and Lyla (Gwyn was sleeping over at a friend's house) we went home and watched a really horrible BBC sci-fi show from the 60s.  It was called UFO, but I guess Brits call that an "oofoe."  We made it through three episodes hoping for something redeemable, but no luck.  We did get a lot of new inside joke material though.

Other than that, our week was as usual.  We went off into the "woods" one day.  We got our cat, Moxie, fixed.  No more apartment with a cat in heat!  We did school.  We played with friends and swam and went to church.  We have enjoyed going to Women in the Word on Wednesday mornings.  Lyla gets to play with her church friends.  Gwyn and Celee are in a room with two other homeschool girls who are their age.  They look forward to it every week.  And of course I love getting to worship and study scripture and then discuss it with other women.  I look forward to it too.



Lyla's Girl Scout troop is still practicing their Polish dance for World Thinking Day.  They are too stinkin cute skipping around doing their dance.  (Once the grown-ups got them to understand it isn't a race and that you shouldn't try to pull your partner down or break their fingers.)


 That's about it this week.  We're settling in and hoping for Spring.  I did see bonny bells blooming on the roadside two days ago.  That's a good sign!  Although we're supposed to get a snow storm this week.  Maybe it will come fast, be fun, and leave fast making way for 60 degree days!




No comments:

Post a Comment